The goal of this project is to advance the field’s knowledge of the ways that health care can and should contribute to multi-sector networks that advance population-level health goals. Beginning in early 2019, we scanned literature and conducted formRead more…
In 2019, The Michigan Health Endowment commissioned Altarum to develop the PHI Consent Tool to help providers navigate the complexity of consent and confidentiality regulations around the release and exchange of protected health information (PHI).
The work of knitting together large government data systems so that they seamlessly connect and provide customer-friendly services to the public is difficult yet achievable and valuable. If this type of data sharing was easy, everyRead more…
"Connecting and communicating with members is an important part of effective healthcare. When providers and members work as a team, health outcomes improve.¹ Members who have access to factual and high-quality health information,² guidance from a quaRead more…
Income-Related Inequality In Affordability And Access To Primary Care In Eleven High-Income Countries
A high-performing health care system strives to achieve universal access, affordability, high-quality care, and equity, aiming to reduce inequality in outcomes and access. Using data from the 2020 Commonwealth Fund International Health PoliRead more…
Climate change poses serious threats to human health. Too often, the issue is framed as a risk for the distant future, but in fact it is here today. It is a reality for communities across the United States, and around the world, maRead more…
The health care ecosystem is witnessing a surge of artificial intelligence-driven technologies and products that can potentially augment care delivery outside of hospital and clinic settings. These tools can be used to conduct remote monitorinRead more…
The value of using administrative records for operational and evaluation purposes has been well established in health and human services. However, these records typically reflect the reach of a single government agency or program and fail tRead more…
Established Data Infrastructure Enables Local Governments to Meet Need During Natural Disasters & Health Emergencies
Two-part series from AISP on leveraging cross-sector data capacity during crisis AISP is excited to announce the release of a second post focused on the use of integrated data to help state and local governments efficiently meet emergentRead more…
This Special Publication outlines a number of potentially valuable policy changes and actions that will help drive toward effective, efficient, and ethical data sharing, including more compelling and widespread communication efforts to iRead more…
The key principles outlined in the plan include:
- A focus on person-centered care,
- Enabling value-based care by promoting improvements in care quality,
- Creating a culture of secure access to health information,
- Putting research into action,
- Major U.S. cities have high rates of interoperability of health data, but variation exists.
- Hospitals’ engagement in interoperability improved by more than 50 percent in 8 major U.S. cities since 2015.
- Hospitals that participate in an HI
The Youth Risk Behavior Survey Data Summary & Trends Report uses YRBS data from 2009 to 2019 to focus on four priority focus areas associated with STDs, including HIV, and unintended teen pregnancy:
- Sexual Behavior
- High-Risk Substance Use
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is working hard to make sure we help our beneficiaries and the people who are working on the front lines to care for patients during this pandemic. We have taken numerous steps to respond toRead more…
- The Center, funded by a $50 million grant from philanthropist Ray Dalio of Dalio Philanthropies, will investigate actionable steps healthcare can take to address health disparities affecting communities of color.
- NewYork-Presbyterian int
Snapshot of LGBTQI+ Well-Being:
- Legal System — While legal reforms have improved quality of life for many, discrimination against and mistreatment of LGBTQI+ individuals remain common. Laws vary greatly among states on issues such as gender markers
- The Sequoia Project announced Wednesday that it's forming a new Data Usability Workgroup to continue removing barriers to interoperability, and is calling for participants in advance of its first meeting later this month.
- The workgroup,
- FEHRM took over for the Interagency Program Office in 2019, which previously managed patient data exchange and interoperability between the DoD and VA’s EHR systems, is now in charge of VA and DoD’s new Cerner Millennium EHR systems, whi
According to The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) —and nearly everyone else in healthcare—electronic health information exchange (HIE) allows providers and patients to appropriately access and s
Protect your electronic information and assets from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. Discover how to identify cyberthreats, understand best practices, and demystify laws and regulations related to cybersecurity in healthcare.
In this Guide:Read more…
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.