Healthcare and FHIR participation

I would like to introduce the collaborative that I work with, the MITA Technical Architecture Committee (TAC).  MITA TAC’s members have been working together for the last 15 years, making recommendations for how to adopt emerging technology and standards into the Medicaid community.  Typically, we implement an annual Proof of Concept (PoC) for demonstration at the annual Medicaid Enterprise Systems Conference (MESC). For the last 3 years, we have focused on the Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR). Our primary mission is to educate states and their vendors on FHIR by rolling up their sleeves and proceeding in an interoperable manner.

We have worked with Stewards of Change for a number of years. Now, through a relationship with the Stewards’ National Interoperability Collaborative, we see a fantastic opportunity to begin incorporating the Social Determinants into our efforts, using the same privacy, security and interoperability standards that are being applied to healthcare. We look forward to sharing with others on the “Let’s Get Technical” group of the NIC Hub, so that we can all learn from each other.

Let’s get started!

Dave Walsh, Chair

MITA TAC

You need to be a member of The NIC Collaboration Hub to add comments!

Join The NIC Collaboration Hub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the introduction, Dave! I'm excited to hear the ideas that come out of this discussion.

This reply was deleted.